Back in November, I registered for a nation-wide cookie swap where I got matched with three people to send a dozen cookies to. In return, I got a dozen cookies sent to me from three different people. For my end of the swap, I made peanut butter nutella swirled cookies! My dad especially enjoyed them. What I loved most about this swap was getting to share my cookies with a few strangers. I also liked that I found a few more blogs to my list!! I hope that my receivers enjoyed their cookies as much as I enjoyed baking them! :) Merry Christmas, baking world!
Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies
adapted from: ericasweettooth.com
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined.
5. Microwave Nutella for 20 seconds and then drizzle over the dough. Fold in Nutella with a spatula until well-distributed throughout the dough.
6. Chill the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes and then roll small balls by hand.
7. Place about an inch apart on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and use a fork to press down the balls slightly.
8. Bake until the edges are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
9. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. ENJOY! :)