Monday, December 26, 2011

cinnamon.streusel.muffins


A lot of the Christmas gifts I received this year were baking related. I got the ever-so-popular cake pop book, spatulas, a cake stand, measuring cups, a recipe book, and these adorable muffin liners! I had to use them at once, so I made cinnamon streusel muffins for Christmas morning. They were a huge hit! 

My mom has an old cookbook from the Methodist church we grew up in, before we moved. It is filled with DELICIOUS recipes. This recipe was actually a coffee cake, but I converted it to muffins, just so I could use these liners! It is super easy and even easier if you convert it back into a cake! Merry Christmas!! :)


CINNAMON STREUSEL MUFFINS

Cake:
1 yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 1/3 cups water
2 eggs
Streusel:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3-5 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbs melted butter
Icing:
3/4 cup powder sugar
1 1/2 T milk (or to desired consistency)

1. Beat all ingredients for the cake for 2 minutes at medium speed
2. Spoon batter into muffin pan. (1/4 full)
3. Fill 24 muffin wells. Set remaining batter aside.
4. Combine all ingredients for the streusel.
5. Sprinkle half the streusel mix over batter in muffin wells. Set remaining streusel aside.
6. Spread remaining batter over streusel in muffin wells. (wells should be 2/3 full now)
7. Top with remaining streusel.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. (I didn't time the exact amount, so watch carefully!!)
9. When cool, drizzle icing over top!
10. ENJOY!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment