This post is a result of a little baking therapy. The past week I started my new job as a nurse fellow. Monday through Wednesday were pure orientation and Thursday and Friday I was orienting at my assigned clinic. It was a lot of information and with any new job comes questioning of your competence. Today was all about recovering and doing things I know I'm good at: baking and crafting...while having a Harry Potter marathon!! I couldn't be completely unnerdy and since I've fallen asleep at practically every midnight showing I needed to catch up! ;)
I've noticed these snickerdoodle blondies being posted on many other blogs, so I thought I would give them a try myself. They were so easy to make compared to regular snickerdoodle cookies AND they were just as tasty!
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons grated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
a pinch nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and/or line a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
5. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended.
6. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it's best to spread out with a greased spatula or hands).
7. Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl.
8. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
9. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting.
10. ENJOY!! :)
This recipe is now on my to do list! I couldn't find any contact info for you so I just wanted to tell you my #fbcookieswap cookies came together! Hello DELISH!!! My son ran off with them! Thank you so MUCH!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Melissa! Glad you enjoyed them! :)Delete