Wednesday, January 4, 2012

pumpkin.baked.oatmeal



I want to confess...I'm a pinterest addict. My roommate introduced it to me and I'm hooked!! Now that I'm on break and have some free time and no constraints to a meal plan, I have been trying out some of the recipes I have pinned. I have been drooling over this baked oatmeal for awhile now and I finally got the chance to make it today! I have to say, it definitely lived up to my expectations. It was like a healthy pumpkin cinnamon roll...well before I smothered it with cream cheese icing! ;)

PUMPKIN BAKED OATMEAL
adapted from: chocolatecoveredkatie.com

1/2 cup oats
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spices
3 packets sweet'n'low
1/4 cup canned pumpkin 
1/4 cup milk, creamer, or water (I used skim milk.)
1/8 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
2. Combine raw oats, spices, pumpkin, and milk. 
3. Pour into two ramekins (make sure you spray them so they pop out nicely)
4. Cook for 13-15 minutes or until it gets firm.
5. Set oven to "high broil" for 2-3 minutes, or until it reaches desired crispy-ness.
6. Take out of oven.
7. Loosen the sides with a knife and flip onto plate.
8. Top with streusel, frosting, or desired garnish.
9. Enjoy! :)

 <--Just out of the oven.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment