Lately, I have developed an infatuation with baking with Nutella. I was looking at baking websites during night class and found a recipe for Nutella chocolate chip cookies, which were a huge hit amongst friends and family. I wanted to make my own recipe with Nutella, so here it is! Introducing Nutella Blossoms (a take from Jif Peanut Butter Blossoms).
- 1/2 cup Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra sugar for rolling balls in
- 48 foil-wrapped Hugs, unwrapped (I usually freeze them first so they keep their form)
1. Preheat oven to 275.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
3. Cream together shortening and Nutella.
4. Add light brown sugar.
5. Add egg. Beat well.
6. Add milk and vanilla extract.
7. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt mixture.
8. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and coat them in extra sugar.
9. Bake a dozen at a time for 8-10 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway.
10. Let cool for 1 minute after removing cookies from oven.
11. Place Hug in center of cookie. Let them cool for 5 more minutes on cookie sheet.
12. Move cookies to cooling rack.
13. Enjoy! :)